Monday, April 1, 2013

Autism Awareness Month 4/1 - Robin - Fan

The Facebook page of Find my Eyes is celebrating World Autism Awareness month by publishing guest posts about "What Autism Means to Me". Seconds after putting out the call for submissions to my friends, family, other bloggers, and fans I received this:

Autism to me means: a completely different life from what I hoped and dreamed of 17 years ago. Autism has made me the person, wife, mother and friend that I probably would have never been. Without a doubt, I have been truly blessed beyond my wildest imagination. God gave ME my son for a reason. I wouldn't trade him for anyone/anything in this world. I love him COMPLETELY just as he is.

This comes from Robin Jimenez, from Walhalla, South Carolina. She is a fan of the Facebook page who I have never met. I exchanged a few messages with her to get information and she asked me this:

Can I share your post with some friends? I started a Support Group 12 years ago, they look to me to keep them in the loop, so to speak.

We all have a story.

 This blog is not about me and my family.

Autism Awareness is about our collective soul.

Thank you, Robin Jimenez. You are doing your part to heal our soul. Thank you for sharing your story with us. You are truly beautiful for it.





*** I will be posting guest stories every day this month. Some will come from "fans", some from family, some from friends, some from other autism bloggers. If you are interested in being heard here this month, please message me at the Facebook page Find My Eyes.

What's your story?


No comments:

Post a Comment