Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hello Again

This week, thanks to a shout-out from another blogger, Autism Sucks gained many new members to our community. So, here is a brief list of FAQ's about myself to let all you new guys know what you're in for.

1) Why Autism Sucks?

Because it does. Kids with autism don't, but it does.

2) Who the heck are you anyway?

I'm a 37 year-old stay at home dad. My Son (5) has high functioning autism. I have a baby girl as well (2). I'm also a writer, so sometimes (when I get paid) I'm a 37 year-old work at home dad. My wife is an attorney, and pretty damn good at it. Unfortunately, she works really long hours. We decided that someone needed to be home with our son, so I left my job (investment banking) at the time to stay at home with the kids. We live in Los Angeles.

3) Hey, you didn't use any names, is this an anonymous blog?

Yes and no. I feel it's inapropriate to use names of real people. That being said, I have used my name, my son's name, my wife's name in previous posts. If you really want to know who we are... it wouldn't take that long to find out.

4) Inapropriate to use names of real people? You just bashed Jenny McCarthy, and she's real.

Yes. I'm also a hypocrite and often full of crap.

5) So what makes you an expert and why should I read you?

Good question. I write for myself and my friends and family. Most of my posts are reflective, or angry about some situation. When I post factual info, I try to always include links to said facts. If you're ever bored, click on one of the links. Since most people will believe that a fact is indeed factual because there is link, nobody ever clicks on the links. I might use that to my advantage someday...

If you are interested/entertained/touched/or angered by the type of things I write about, you should read.

6) All of your posts are song titles, are they your favorite songs?

Some are. Some are just the right name for the post. I thought it was a cute gimmick.

7) Whose eyes are in that profile pic?

That is my son.

8) How do you really feel about staying at home?

It's the right thing to do for my family. I love it at times, and I hate it at times. My wife is amazing. She's pretty darn good at being a pinch-hitter with the kids when she gets home from work and on the (few) weekends that she has off... and she's smoking hot, too. This arrangement works for my family right now. I'd really like to get to know other dads of children with autism. I'd love to know how they do it.

9) Wow, you're really not that interesting, why should I keep reading?

You made it this far, didn't you? I thank you for it.


Feel free to ask me any questions, you can leave them here on the blog, or "like" the Autism Sucks facebook page, or email me at phatmoneyjaye@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you... and to those of you that were my friends or family already... I hope this wasn't a waste of your time.

1 comment:

  1. It was not a waste of my time. In fact, I quite enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete